Thursday, April 21, 2011

Searching For Creative Ideas for Twin Headboards

Sunset.com Photo by Megan Thompson; courtesy of MyHomeIdeas.com



















I am on the search for creative ideas for a twin headboard. May I also add inexpensive ideas for a  twin headboard.
I am still in process of putting together my daughter and baby boy's room. One thing I am lacking is a bed frame or headboard for my daughter's bed. I thought it would be fun to be creative with coming up with a headboard for her instead of buying a whole bed frame. Later on in years when the two no longer are roomies, I may want this bedroom to have a full size bed and not spend the money on a temporary need for a twin bed now.  My original thought has been to make an upholstered headboard, but we will see if my search yields any other creative solutions.

These photos are some of the things I have come across. 
Photo from apartmenttherapy.com click here 4 Ideas for Cheap Headboards

   








    
   
Sunset.com Photo by Deborah Whitlaw Llewellyn; courtesy of MyHomeIdeas.com                                  




































I love the rustic boards used as a headboard and what they did with the wall space. Also the frame bed, simply made from molding purchased at the hardware store and painted. I am thinking the middle of the frame can be either paint or fabric.
Some other ideas I came across were using shutters, or picket fence. Maybe even using shelves or cork board. There are a lot of really great ideas out there. Now I just have to decide what direction I want to go.
Here is a link to another really great sight for ideas. curbly.com

Pin It Now!