Saturday, August 20, 2011

Homeschool Classroom Makeover

It is that time again... school! As many of you may remember our homeschool classroom has changed location for the fourth time, now to our family room. You can see more of that here.  So far I have loved it... the location that is, not how it looked. I have been busy making some changes. First here is just a bit of a reminder of what it changed from.

The chairs finally got to go outside for a day of pampering! Something I have been meaning to do for awhile! Armed with a can of black spray paint I gave them a make over we are all thankful for! They look so pretty now! Well as pretty as school chairs can look.
Here is a look around the room. Some more before and afters of the changes made.
I changed the lamp and this very bare boring wall turned into this...
The basket on the wall (far right) also had a date with the spray paint.
With help from my happy helpers. The Golden Retriever is my wonder dog named Dexter and the Sheltie belongs to Mandy at Mandipidy.
Hanging right next to the chalk board on the right is this mason jar. It used to house spaghetti sauce and now will be the home to chalk... maybe flowers! Or as a good friend suggested maybe it's contents will change with the seasons. I used a curtain rod hook and picture hanging wire to hang it on the wall. I simply put it around the bottle as you would if you were going to tie a bow. Instead of a bow I just kept wrapping it around the jar and then took the ends and wrapped them tight around the hook. It was that simple. Now more of the room.
 I love having a place for my kiddos to read books! I change out the books in the basket, especially since kids tend to pick the same book over and over again... until "yes we have that one memorized honey!"

Come back for my next post... I will be showing you the fun thing I did with my gallery wall! I am  so excited and I just know you will be too! :)









Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, I love it!!! You have a GORGEOUS Family and home.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie...if I homeschooled, I would totally be like you! I'd have a "classroom" AND it would have to look stylish and blend in with my home! It looks absolutely lovely! What a blessing you are to your children!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I absolutely love your homeschool room! So cozy and relaxing. The mason jar idea is a perfect idea & with such a chic touch. I also love how you spray painted the chairs, I spray paint everything, so that hit a soft spot.. lol.. The sofa looks so inviting, perfect for lots of reading.

    My homeschool room is all primary colors, but when we move into our new home, I want to redo mine as well, I want a comfortable 'pottery barn' look and waayyy less classroom feel.

    You did a great job!

    http://ginawithlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great place to learn!
    Have a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I found you on pinterest of all places!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I homeschool too!! What a blessing to our children!
    Youve inspired me redo our classroom !!

    Thanjs for the tips
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    We blogged about about this cute project on our garden living website, www.QuestionAndPlanter.com. If you want any changes, just let me know. You're so creative! We have over 48,000 garden followers, and are thrilled to steer them your way! Have a great week! Emmon

    Emmon Scott
    www.QuestionAndPlanter.com
    c/o Arden Companies
    30400 Telegraph Rd., Suite 200
    Bingham Farms, MI 48025
    Email: emmon@QuestionAndPlanter.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog via Pintrest. Love the jar and curtain rod. Enjoying your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your jar on the window side.........I plan to do the same in my kitchen ,,,,thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fаntastic pοst but I was wanting to know if yоu сould write a litte more on this ѕubjеct?
    I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos!

    My page ... repair iphone petaling jaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetіngs I am so grateful Ι found your blog, I гeаlly founԁ yоu by mistaκe, while I waѕ sеarchіng on Aοl foг
    ѕomething elѕe, Regarԁless I am hеre noω anԁ would just like to say thanks for a incredible post
    аnԁ a аll гound entertаining blоg (I alsο
    love the theme/ԁеsign), I dοn't have time to read through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

    My blog - iphone repair petaling jaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. What i don't realize is in truth how you are no longer really a lot more neatly-appreciated than you might be right now. You're so intelligent.

    You know therefore significantly when it comes to this matter, produced me individually imagine it from
    so many various angles. Its like women and
    men aren't involved unless it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time maintain it up!

    my web site: mini mp3 player

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you desire to grow your familiarity just keep visiting this
    web site and be updated with the hottest gossip posted here.



    My page; übersetzung türkisch deutsch volltext []

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely classroom/family space. Thank you for sharing inspiration. Really like the color of the fireplace wall. Could you share what color/paint it is, please? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete